http://yudhishtara.blogspot.com/2011/02/china-bans-reincarnation-of...

China Bans Reincarnation of Dalai Lama

Described as the most absurd act of authoritarian history, Beijing, already charged for spying against the 17th Karmapa, has banned the reincarnation of HH the Dalai Lama. China has also banned Buddhist monks in Tibet from reincarnating without government permission.
According to the State Administration for Religious Affairs, the law, which goes into effect next month will stipulate the procedure by which one is to reincarnate. It is being dubbed, an important move to institutionalize management of reincarnation.
Commenting on the development, author Tim Jhonson told, “Chinese Communist Government believes that many of the problems faced in Tibet will disappear after the Dalai Lama. They are waiting for him to die”. Jhonson is the author of, ” Tragedy in Crimson: How the Dalai Lama won the world but lost his battle with China “.
“The truth is that the ruling party wants a new kind of Tibetan lamas not loyal to the Dalai Lama. The Party (communist) wants to sever ties between the lamas of the Tibetan plateau and the Dalai Lama. It is not new, Beijing does the same with the Vatican and Catholic bishops in their territory,” says Johnson.

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How can you ban someone from reincarnating? For real, yo, wtf?
This is not news nor surprising... the Dali Lama is headquartered in India and has been there for many years when the Chinese came into Tibet and destroyed the country.. he and the Karmapa had to flee.. the are various sects of Lamas... I have been fortunate enough to have taken the Refuge Ceremony under the leadership of His Holiness the Karmapa in 1975
This my friends says it all....ROTFL.

It's a ploy to control. That's all. The Tibetans have a very specific method for determining the next Dalai Lama. They have specific rituals, oracle techniques and so on. Just another way for the Chinese to control their culture.

But it's a moot point. The Dalai Lama has already said he does not intend to reincarnate any longer. I wish I could find a link, showing this but I think it came from one of his books.

So, they will have to select a new Dalai Lama. Perhaps a new lineage will be more effective in dealing with the Chinese. 

I heard that statement as well Moonsmith.. but can't remember where I read it..
This seems very odd, I always thought the Chinese government was hardcore athiest and didn't believe in reincarnation. I guess this is supposed to be some kind of symbolic insult to the people of Tibet.

Anyways, I hope that what's happening in Egypt and Iran will happen in China.
It indeed is Infernal Search, the Chinese did more than insult the people of Tibet they took over the country and many unspeakable crimes were committed against Tibetans and monks in particular.. slautered these peaceful people....and drove the Dali Lama into exile...

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service