Lately, it seems every post I read on here .... the Christians are to blame for everything that's possibly wrong in this world.... LOL

So, it got me thinking and wondering.... is there ANYTHING they have contributed to this world that is worthy of mentioning or gloryfing ?  

Views: 801

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Most contributors to the Constitution were christian.

Most of the Founders were Deists, which is to say they thought the universe had a creator, but that he does not concern himself with the daily lives of humans, and does not directly communicate with humans, either by revelation or by sacred books. They spoke often of God, (Nature's God or the God of Nature), but this was not the God of the bible. They did not deny that there was a person called Jesus, and praised him for his benevolent teachings, but they flatly denied his divinity. Some people speculate that if Charles Darwin had lived a century earlier, the Founding Fathers would have had a basis for accepting naturalistic origins of life, and they would have been atheists. Most of them were stoutly opposed to the bible, and the teachings of Christianity in particular.
http://freethought.mbdojo.com/foundingfathers.html

I have briefly studied this subject and have found the above statement to be true.
YW, Riverstone. And I haven't forgotten about the Pagan and Jesus teachings, and one day when I have time I'm going to briefly write that up; but don't hold your breath until I do. (lol)
Been to that site. And yes , to some extent your right. But I can also say that it's greatly wrong, hundreds of letters if not thousands of notations by these founding fathers. Have God, in name and reference to the Bible also in their letters. In honor and in praise for Him being in the forfront of their lives. Yes there was a great desire to distinguish between the two. However providing short exerpts of little sentences with entire paragraphs left out leaves one wondering as to content and context of the letter. If it wasn't for faith, then the 10 commandments shouldn't have been on the walls. If it wasn't for faith then In God we trust" shouldn't be written ,. Or prayer , lead in manytimes by these founding fathers, each day before session.

SO I can say , that your right. to some extent. They were mad by the misleading representatives of the faith. Their lack of vision and lack of direction.

thanks for the site. I'm still reading thru it.

have an awesome evening. I'm gonna go hide now. Thunder and lightning storm is here and I don't likes it.

Hot cup of Chocolate to all!!

dale da ogre.
Hi Dale, I wouldn't argue with you for a second, BUT (lol) I will dig up my research, ugh, it's in books, and post what I've read also. Have a safe and nice night.
The Benedictine and Chartreuse monks that make liquor ; )
And of course those Christians who actually follow the teachings of Christ - to love your neighbor as yourself, kindness, forgiveness, acceptance, charity.
...and I like the art, such as the Sistine Chapel and several Christmas hymns.
Yes, and as people grow and learn, i think people in general(?) will learn to put their traumas or prejudgements aside and notice the good and not the bad. I think another christian bashing is not necessary. Some good christians do lots of charity. And so far, as an aside i think they have yet to be blamed for taxes. So why are the christians fair game? Because all that us vs them shit is just that. SHit.
Old school mystic Christianity was pretty interesting as well as some decent art.
ummmm.....they have really cool stain glass windows.....
Anyway, to me, they seem just like us.
You have the good ones and the not so good ones.
They see us as evil because of one bad apple in the bunch, and vice versa....okay maybe a lot of bad apples.
Idk that's my point of view anyway. BB~Raven
it not christians that are the problems... it the people that go to far... it good to be proud what you are but you have respect others and not believe your the only one with the right answer... there are many christians that are both and there are many people in many religions that are both... there just a higher amount of christianity in the world... so people see it more... the more of something you'll be able to see more problem yet it might not be the religion just the people....
thats my thought.. it might not make much sense sorry if it doesn't
I find it odd that we're actually having a discussion about what the Christian community has brought to the world, on a Pagan forum... somethin' smells like sushi up in this forum ;D
Le Herbalist, we are ALWAYS speaking of the Chrisitians in this community in one form or another.... where have you been ...LOL
Hence the reason for my post in a way ... LOL
The song Amazing Grace...I grew up in a Christian household, and this was, and always will be, one of my all time favorite songs. Whenever I hear it with bagpipes, it effects me very deeply to my core.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service