Jung was the first psychologist to purpose the idea that humans have a collective consciousness to go along with a personal consciousness. The collective consciousness holds things that all humans know, and these things are represented with archetypes.

This is an occult theory in itself.  The idea that there is a mass consciousness that we all draw from.  And this idea is still around in theories in psychology. What do you think? opinions and thoughts?

Views: 158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

Jung spoke more about "inconsciousness" to be collective, speaking about archetypes and instincts, he admited that this was also influenced by oriental philosophical theory. One think immediatly to the concept of "akasha" as being the 5th elements, the spirit, and being both the origin and the sum of the four other elements, the akasha concept is similar to the astral plane described (amongst other) by the theosoph, the akasha is also believed to contain the "akasha chronicle" being the sum of all knowledge, present, past and future, and that one can connect "partially" to this chronicle, medium would inconsciently or consciently connect to this gigantic database in order to see future and past. The akasha chronicle are describe by Franz Bardon and Edgar Cayce is believed to have gained access to it to make his prophecy.

An other source of inspiration of Jung is naturally the gnosticism, Jung was fascinated by esoteric and especially by gnostic theory and wrote several gnostic text including some litteraly "calling" and "praising" my avatar (abraxas). The concept developped by Jung is similar to the gnostic concept of "Pleroma" being the sum of all, the celestial sphere, while the goal of humanity would be to re-unite with this sphere.

Another parallel can be drawn with the concept of Noosphere developped by Teillard de Chardin, as being a spiritual sphere, were all thoughts of humanity do connect. this concept is also similar to the one developped by Gilles Deleuze and his Rhizomatic behaviour.

I do believe that there is a sphere of pure knowledge, the astral sphere, daath, call it whatever you want, as being the origin of all manifestation, this is the sea of "non-manifestation" being the sum of all possible, human do not really "create" they just reinvent or manifest something that is already existing out of this sea of possibilities. This is however my personal belief, I also believe, similar to the concept of Deleuze that we do influence each other, and that it is higly probable that one I have a "new" idea, somebody else on the planet is simultaneously having the exact same idea... call it synchronicity if you are jungian...

Some link, feed for thoughts:

Deleuze theory : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhizome_(philosophy)

Teillard de Chardin theory : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

Gnostic concept of Pleroma : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleroma

Jung gnostic text : http://www.gnosis.org/library/7Sermons.htm

The Akashic Records : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_Records

Gruessi

Abra

this is all true to the occult side of Jung's ideas. and i am impressed at your research into all this. and your beliefs are very gnostic as well.

Similarly, the way I see it is that each of us has a concept of reality that includes aspects in common with the individual perspectives of all other sentient creatures.  

Picture a circle that contains everything I am aware of.  Overlap my circle with your circle. The differences between our respective circles of awareness define our individual identities to an incomplete degree.  Continue overlaying all circles of all creatures, and within the common area you'll find a complete expression of All That Is.  The leftover details remaining in our individual circles that lay outside the overlapped area completely describe our unique identities.

We co-create and maintain this reality through our perceptions and the tendency of will toward expression.  It seems natural then, that we should be able to tap into the well of common consciousness for the unlimited resources supplied by all others.  However, the rules that govern our access are limited by our beliefs, so we try different methods to arrange our beliefs for better access.  We call these methods religion.

I think this is another way of describing the same concept.  

When he described this in his published personal notes he told a story of how he himself worshiped a self designed deity that he prayed to and gave gifts to. He had stated this may be a collective idea but that each persons higher power was possibly tailored to the individual .

Jung was known to be a gnostic so this could be why.

Gnostic but with his theory on addiction and recovery he stated that it was tantamount that the individual (usually alcoholic) have a higher power in order to be relived of his/her addiction and with out one recovery was extremity difficult .

so he felt that people need religion lol

At a minimal some power greater than themselves .

i dont know of many people that dont hold that belief anyways though.

I think this is very interesting. It could perhaps be the idea of complete unity with the higher self or the genius. Take the tree of knowledge for instance - all the entities in each sphere are a part of the adversary. They are what makes it function correctly and each part is necessary for the complete knowledge of the adversary. Not only that but the tree of knowledge is the universe symbolized as a map of the subconscious.

Can you please tell me the book that Jung mentions this? I would appreciate that allot!

Lee

honestly. just google Carl Jung. and if you want look into Gnosticism. i first heard his theory in a psychology course. and then his name was in a book i just read on Gnosticism. 

and you can find the idea of collective consciousness in many occult books.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service