I'd hoped to not have to resort to just posting this on the forum, but I haven't heard from the site owner on this matter yet, and I know that there are people who might need to know. 

My friend, Moonsmith http://www.paganspace.net/profile/Moonsmith?xg_source=profiles_frie...

who I considered to be one of the wisest, most wonderful people ever, Passed away this weekend. He was also a member here and I know that he had friends here who might not be aware of his journey into the next life. 

His obit, from his FB page, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000098031475

Marek Kenneth Sutherland:

Born October 5, 1961 in Colorado, Marek came to his last years in Moriarty, New Mexico, where he died February 20, 2012. 

Though we have known and loved Marek for many years, we can only guess who his parents were, through the myriad of muses he so eloquently gave voice to. To share company with him was to catch the sparkle in his eyes when his heart was inspired and to witness the extraordinary courage he embodied when he dove deep into the recesses of his most guarded secrets. It was to hear his sacred laugh as he would embrace some discomfort of life, only to paint it with the color of humor it so deserved, helping each of us to accept the many facets of brilliance we call the human condition. If these things be testament to those who endowed him with his creative sensibilities, his blessed sense of humor and his flair for the unconventional, abstract bents we all knew and loved him for, we say “Tip your glasses!” to this formidable genetic blessing.

Marek was best known for sharing his talents in countless theatrical events, designing special effects, helping produce and write for a live-scale role playing group and for the countless original characters he gave birth to along the way. His sense of humor was always on time and most appropriate (okay, not always… but we never really did seem to mind). And in his more serious roles in life, we came to deeply rely on his capacity to stand guard with skillful stoicism, humble neutrality, and a keen sense of observation, all the while keeping a steady rhythm and guiding a cohesive group in step. 

Please accept this invitation to an expression of farewell to this beautiful man, Marek Kenneth Sutherland.

His burial will take place on Sunday, February 26 at 1 pm 
at Hyer Cemetery, in Cedar Grove, NM (map at link below).

For those of you who knew him, but were not aware of his illness and passing, you have my condolences and thoughts, he was a great man and will be missed. 

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No way, how awful for his people! I remember him, he was a cool guy. My condolences to you, in this case (since I did not know him well enough to bother his associates).

I enjoyed talking to him on Paganspace! I will light a candle and pray for him this evening. I am sorry to hear of his passing and wish his family and loved ones well.

Rest in peace Marek.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service