.... I have been reading lately from one of my friends, and NOAA that our Sardine, Salmon, and many other fish population has dropped to critical as in could wipe them out. One of the problems with this is that marine life are starving, and also their offspring. Another problem with this is that it is killing our oceans, by 2048 the ocean will die at the rate we are fishing it...and we all know that we will die as well. 90% of our oxygen comes from the ocean.  

Would you be willing to stop fishing, buying, and eating fish/shell fish for two years to save our ocean? 

What do you think? Be nice please...

Views: 1269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

3-D printed foods for Astronauts, okay I get that.

People do know the more ingredients and more processed it is no longer food, right?

I saw that on the East coast somewhere they were using it

at a retirement home.

The library where I go has a demo set up.

Can you say "star trek" food replicator, wonder what the nutrition index

is. They have the communicator, McCoys medical tri-coder & Sensors are

getting better;http://spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?utm_medium=srs.gs-twitter&...

It will be interesting to see what else pops up.

David, I think food should have no more then four ingredients.

Food should be simple, it's as easy as biting into an Apple. 

Me too!! Things change. Nutrition also besides kids will be brought

up on the stuff and it will seem normal.

This is being planned  for Wuhan, China.

http://www.designboom.com/architecture/chetwoods-architects-phoenix...

Climate-change - effects Dead Zones

Dead zones occur when fertilizer runoff clogs waterways with nutrients, such as nitrogen and phosphorous. That leads to an explosion of microbes that consumes oxygen and leaves the water depleted of oxygen, harming marine life.

Scientists have long known that warmer water increases this problem, but a new study Monday in the journal Global Change Biology by Smithsonian Institution researchers found about two dozen different ways — biologically, chemically and physically — that climate change worsens the oxygen depletion.

"We've underestimated the effect of climate change on dead zones," said study lead author Andrew Altieri, a researcher at the Smithsonian's tropical center in Panama.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/04/11/high-radiation-level...

Also, this happened earlier this year...dunno if it was posted already but considering the topic, it would be good to share.

Basically, runoff from fukushima has made its iridescent way to the west coast

"Some of the kelp that I found was higher than what the International Atomic Energy Agency sets as radioactive contamination, which is 1,450 counts over a 10-minute period,” she said. “Some of my samples came up as 1,700 or 1,800.” "

It's a bit disconcerting if you ask me.

Sashimi Trend: Fast-tracking Blue Fin Tuna extinction

The Pacific bluefin tuna, a fish used in sushi and sashimi dishes, is at risk of extinction as the global food market places "unsustainable pressure" on the species and others, a conservation body warned Monday.

The bluefin tuna joined the Chinese pufferfish, American eel, Chinese cobra and Australian black grass-dart butterfly on the International Union for Conservation of Nature's (IUCN) "red list" of threatened species.

Thank you SIN

Over population, over fishing, lack of any real thought to "the future", humans have this sense that we are the apex of creation and therefore can do what ever we wish with this planet, we have lost sight of our inter-connection to the smallest thing. Yes I would be willing to not eat wild caught seafood, if that's what it would take. But we have other issues relating to our oceans to face and deal with, as well, even if we bring back these endangered species, they can't live in a poluted, de-oxygenated environment. It's a HUGE issue with many facets. 

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service