I have read several posts in different discussions and am coming across the same comments.

I am very hesitant to post this because it could turn out badly, but I can't stop thinking about it. If this does turn bad, I will delete it.

Several comments have been made that the Wiccan Rede and the Law of Three are BS.

I just want to know why you feel that way. No judgements. No arguements for or against. Just want to know why you feel that way. I enjoy learning about other people and their beliefs and view points. So I just have to ask.

Views: 344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well said
To me the law of three is a memetic device designed to get a person to think about the consequences of their actions before they do something they might regret.

I have always believed in the Rede, as a guide to live my, not a moral absolute, like many try to shape it.

I used to believe in the rule of three, but as I got older, things changed. The rule of three I have problems believing in, with regard to the Hermetic laws, as stated in "The Kybalion" "In every thing there must be an equal and opposite reaction to a force sent out, everything must be balanced". In this respect, you could never have a return of 3, as that would be against the supposed natural laws of the universe. Just my opinion, as always.

Karantha

i dont believe in the law of three really but i do believe in karma, what goes around comes around. like in my name is earl, if u do good things good things happen, if u do bad things bad things will happen, cause and effect also falls under karma, at least thats what i believe

What olde law is that TRACEY??
i am not wiccan but follow a spiritual path that is simular in many ways, i would say the law has some universal truth and some truth that only holds meaning to the people who follow the wiccan belief system. But in reality someone calling something bs is nothing but a personal opinion they are entitled to,and in my experience any supposed laws in nature will no doubt prove themself to those who need to know certain truths.

my personal beliefs and my spiritual beliefs follow a simple idea that there is no good or evil, or right or wrong, only consequences of actions that could happen any time. Good,evil,karma, black magic, light magic, etc.. are just words used to differentiate different types of energy from one an other.

most things wiccan are just based on being a decent person.  Be nice, treat people the way you want to be treated, karma will get you, blah blah blah.  We don't need wicca to tell us all that stuff, and really, these are concepts of EVERY religion.  And the law of 3 thing - well, that is probably made up, but it is true that if you are a bad person, you can't really expect good things to happen to you.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service