Over the years I struggled with a pumpkin pie recipe that suited our tastes. I took various ideas from different recipes, adjusted them, and made my own. Sage says it truly represents the taste of the harvest. I hope you like it too. (***Note at bottom of recipe***)

1 9-inch Recipe Graham Cracker Pie Crust (or one that is pre-made)
Filling:
2 C Pumpkin Puree (drained and packed) or 1 15oz can Pumpkin (for pies)
1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Eggs
1 ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
½ tsp ground Ginger
½ tsp ground Nutmeg
Pinch of ground Clove
½ tsp salt
Topping:
½ C packed Light or Dark Brown Sugar
½ C Rolled Oats
½ C Chopped Walnuts
¼ C Flour
¼ C Butter
½ tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg

**Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix all ingredients for the topping until crumbly (makes about 2 C), set aside. Whisk Pumpkin Puree, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Eggs, Spices, and Salt in a large bowl until smooth. Pour filling into the crust. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce oven to 350 degrees. Carefully remove pie from oven and sprinkle the Topping on evenly. Replace Pie to Oven and continue baking for 35-45 minutes. Or until a knife inserted into the filling comes out clean. Cool on a rack and serve with whipped topping.
***Note: You can substitute a regular piecrust, omit the topping, and viola and you’ve got a traditional Pumpkin Pie. Add 2 thinly sliced apples (peeled and cored), layered on the bottom, or buried into the filling and you have Pumpkin-Apple Pie. I change mine from year to year to keep it interesting.*** Blessings on Samhain.

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

Make it for yourself Wolven Witch! :)...if you can't finish it (I never seem to have that problem LOL) It freezes well in individual portions. Just defrost it for 24hours in the refigerator, and enjoy!

Sounds wonderful Aidann! I'm also looking for a good sweet potato pie, wonder if I can just substitute the pumpkin with sweet potatoes in this recipe.....Thanks for the posting! yummm.....Ianna:)

Sorry for the very long lag in response, but if you havent tried it, you certainly can switch out an equal amount of cooked and mashed sweet potato for the pumpkin.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service