Here's a great recipe I ran across just a few weeks ago. It is delicious and perfect for this time of year, when the Butternut Squash is coming in from the garden... or the farmer's market.  The dish would be a great vegetarian main dish, served with a crusty bread; or pair it wish roast turkey and all the fixings.

Baked Butternut Squash with Feta.

Ingredients

• 1 (4 pound) butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 1/3 yellow onion, minced
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
  • 6 ounces crumbled Feta
  • Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Toss the squash, onion, olive oil, 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs, thyme, Feta cheese in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a large baking dish. Sprinkle
    1/4 cup bread crumbs over the squash.
  3. Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned on top, 35 to 40 minutes.

Views: 41

Replies to This Discussion

I've made this twice now. Once the original way, which was really great...and once again last night. This time I added 8oz. sliced baby portabella mushrooms, 1/4 C toasted pine nuts, and 5 strips of chopped cooked bacon. AMAZING!

(To toast pine nuts: Spread them out evenly on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in a 400 degree oven, turning them over once or twice, until lightly golden brown.)
This sounds awesome:) You've found my weak spot...I love squash of all types! And don't even get me started with mushrooms!! I'll try to post a favorite butternut squash fries recipe this weekend.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service