I have a recipe for pomegranate wine, which calls for X number of fruit per gallon. However, I can get pomegranate juice in bilk much cheaper. Does anyone have or know where I might find a recipe for pomegranate wine using juice, or a method of calculating how much juice replaces how many fruits?

Views: 67

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry so late in replying Chirotus. I have made a fairly good red wine from welche's grape juice. If you can find pomegranate juice in a 100% form or concentrate it should work fine. Use brewer's yeast and not the bread type yeast and maybe add a lil sugar at the begining to give the yeast more nutrition.
I have recipes from juice concentrate, I suppose. I guess I didn't think about just using any old juice recipe. Pomegranates are a little tart and not always as sweet, so I wonder if that kind of recipe would carry over ... I guess I'll just have to try it and find out.
Add a lil more sugar or even some honey to it, and you can add things like cinnamon, cloves, lemon or orange zest to give it more subtle yet complex flavors. Go completely "kitchen witch" on it!
I think I'll keep it simple at first and just sweeten it up a bit. I suspect it will turn out similar to the cranberry wine I made a few years back. Maybe when I get a recipe down I'll start to tweak it a bit. Much of the Pom juice tends to be mixed with blueberry juice, and I might try that.
That sounds delicious! I love blueberries!
I made some blueberry wine a few years ago, but it was a bit bubbly. And it wasn't s'posed to be.

At least it didn't explode like my mead did last year. Sigh.
Don't you just love those bottle grenades? LOL

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Saturday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service