Do you think that all evil people(serial killers,rapists) have a mental illness??

LINK,,

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-would-aristotle-do/201108/...

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think yes, to an extent anyway crazy in a sense that they have some sort of chemical in balance due to some experience in their childhood that caused them to not think normal thoughts or the lack of ability to control the irrational thoughts from turning into actions

Another way to ask is, do you think everyone who steps out of what is classified as morally acceptable socially has a mental illness??

so·ci·o·path

[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Show IPA
noun Psychiatry .
a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
Do you think a pill would fix this??
A pill to fix sociopaths, psychopaths? No. its very complicated. The brain doesnt work the same at all. Its not just a simple chemical imbalance. imo, from what I've watched about on tv, like inside the serial killers minds. and such subjects.

The brain doesnt work the same at all.

Its not just a simple chemical imbalance. imo,

Do you think that they are born that way??

Crazy is as crazy does. Who is to say what's normal? Crazy is a rather broad term used to denote many types of behavior. Which lack of control is the epitome of crazy. I have no idea. I have never felt normal, whatever that really is. But I ramble, outwardly I am not evil but inside I am crazy. Crazy is not necessarily evil.
There are days when I think crazy stuff, but nothing really evil..I've never thought of killing anyone or wondering what it feels like to kill someone..

I think the urge to kill someone is aroused by how much violence the person is exposed to, and it escalates.

Growing up being spanked regularly to 'dicipline/punish', on top of being yelled at daily, causes a person to think that this is a 'normal' way to behave in certain situations that require control. Causing them to think they need to control the situation in the same 'violent' manner, creating this negative energy cycle in the mind. Once that negativity sets in it's difficult to remove. Therapy can help sometimes. Medication can help sometimes. NOT always. And medications do have to possibility to cause more problems.

What these types need to learn is self love and then work on loving the rest of the world. IMO

"I think the urge to kill someone is aroused by how much violence the person is exposed to, and it escalates."

I would hope that much, much more would be required then just exposure, if that is what you are suggesting...  I would hate to devolve this thread with a "TV creates murderers" thinking.

"What these types need to learn is self love and then work on loving the rest of the world. IMO"

Good parenting is quite critical.  Ethics, morals and empathy are the core concepts here.

Growing up being spanked regularly to 'dicipline/punish', on top of being yelled at daily, causes a person to think that this is a 'normal' way to behave in certain situations that require control. Causing them to think they need to control the situation in the same 'violent' manner, creating this negative energy cycle in the mind.

I have seen this first hand..My neighbor yells at her kids continuously everyday..Her daughter is about 7 or so..You should see her when things don't go her way..She stands in one place and just screams at the top of her lungs..You can see the frustration and anger radiating off of her..

I don't think they're all crazy.  For some, their issues can stem back to childhood, or perhaps they don't know how to cope with problems, so they express frustration in negative ways.  And then there are those who just like to be evil.
Yes,, I can see it too..Maybe they just aren't capable of certain emotional abilities..Like control or compassion..I'm not sure any pill or counseling can fix this..

most evil people probably are crazy, to a large or small extent, but some are totally in their right mind, and just like it. Charles Manson for example, pretty crazy guy, not lucid much of the time, delusional, F-ed in the head for the most part. Jeffrey Dahmer on the other hand was aware of what he was doing, and just enjoyed it. He said from one of his prison interviews that it became like controlling every aspect of a person's existence. He even got very angry when people would try to blame his behavior on his parents and how he was raised. He said they had nothing to do with how he turned out, and it was all him. It was not fair to blame them for anything. Conversely, Manson blamed EVERYONE else for the stuff he did.

So I think that for Dahmer, evil was a conscious decision that he enjoyed on a regular basis; while for Manson, he was just F-ed in the head from day one.

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
4 hours ago
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
yesterday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service