CARM, Can you insult wiccans anymore then you do already?....

I was looking up wiccan stuff when I came across this stupid site. What pisses me off is how they are trying to to tell us "No Offense" when clearly they are intending to offend us....just look at this crap...

First of all this really pisses me off "What should i do if my child gets involved in wicca?

these people are like forcing Christianity onto their children

"First of all, you need to read the Bible and pray regularly. You need to realize that this is a spiritual battle and that there are demonic forces involved. You cannot expect to win a spiritual battle if you are not praying.

Second, for what should you pray? Pray for the binding of the enemy, for spiritual insight, for protection in your home, protection for your children, yourself, your finances, your automobiles, your health, etc. I do not say these things lightly.

Once I began researching Wicca in order to write and expose it on this web site, within a two-week period several things happened. I had a nightmare so unpleasant that I woke up and immediately knew it was tied to Wicca. "

Bullshit is written on this page:

http://carm.org/religious-movements/wicca/what-should-christians-do...

then this "If you are wiccan, please read this"

"If you are a Wiccan, thank you for reading this article. We at CARM want you to understand that we do not hold animosity towards you.  We are not afraid of Wicca, of the spells or the incantations, have not been wronged by any Wiccans, and we do not believe that you purposefully worship Satan."

then they go off about how Christians who give bad behavior towards us are not true believers and blah blah blah....do they even realize that they are insulting us and that IS bad behavior????

I mean i don't hate Christians at all, I just dislike Christians who act like THAT ^ I mean what the heck.....what do you all think?

Views: 893

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

^ Agree
I wonder why i didn't think of that at first, THAT is a very good point!!! and very true!

Well that depends. Remember the Christian definition of magic is any form of supernatural (we can debate that term another day) that comes from a source other then god as taught by there church.

Second off this line of reasoning is little more of a pat on our backs that does nothing. Like how some Catholics I know say 'look at there so called religion it's just ours with a goddess and turned upside down and with a coating of Saturday morning fantasy cartoons (or Japanese anime) ass on.'

Ultimately it does the Neo-Pagan movement no good.

This is not surprising, actually i laughed when i read it. Why? Well because the person who wrote this and the organization CARM (what does this stand for?) are obviously uneducated. What is even funnier is the writer states "Once I began researching Wicca in order to write and expose it on this web site"

^Now that shits funny. IF any adequate research was done AT ALL, the writer would know that wiccans have a "harm none" rule, they do not worship (and most dont believe) in Satan.

I am not wiccan, but it seems that, again, wiccans and every other pagan, satanist, occultist, spiritualist, heathen, etc is being lumped together. Many and most of these paths have outstanding differences.

What this article is, its an extremist religious group posting stuff that they probably believe. I would not be surprised if they do read valid information and do valid research and twist it to suit their needs. It isnt uncommon, it is merely uneducated and probably closed minded. Pagans and occultists do it too, i cant tell you how many people i have run across that have read something and grabbed at ONE sentence and focused so intently on that sentence that no other part of the article or passage mattered; or they took something so out of context it was laughable.

The person who wrote this article psyched themselves out- nightmares, etc i dont doubt that.. The human mind is an amazing thing..

Its still silly

lol I agree to that!

I thought he or she was getting a little to dramatic with the nightmares part.

Well the site does cover the Rede and Threefold Law. There is a box in the upper right hand corner taking you to different sections, here I assume you missed it as I did at first. The site also points out that Wiccans do not actively worship or believe in Satan and well there is a lot of bad on the site, but give credit where it is due the author obviously need a great deal of research and at least twice by my count the site made it clear Wiccans are not Satanists.

If we are really to deal with these people we must learn why they believe what they believe about us and prepare decent counter arguments to be placed forth. Mockery will get us no where and in fact serves to weaken our position.

CARM  stands for Christian Apologetics Research Ministry

Well I read the sight and i am not really upset about it. at least it doesn't call wiccans 'devil worshipers'. it's actually not really that bad. I mean look at it from their perspective. These are people who don't really understand Wicca or Paganism.  I have spent so much time getting annoyed and angry at worst crap then this. This is actually not bad compared to some of the stuff out there. *shrugs* theres no need to get your pointy hat in a twist *shrugs8

I dont have a pointy hat o.o
that was figurative dear. Honestly I wouldn't make a big deal of it. As I said worst things are being said.
lol I was just joking around. But yeah i see your point, it's just annoying because i see this stuff everywhere!

Well said, and i agree.

I find that usually when one gets offended (or w/e) by something, it usually is due to their own insecurity fueling that behavior.

RSS

Latest Activity

Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
yesterday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
yesterday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4
Celestina Leto Coven updated their profile
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service