Christians ignorant of other religions call them Satanic

2000 years and very little change in the mentality of some Christians.

This man's art was depicting Dionysus.  He used him as a metaphor for his fight against alcoholism.

The man's art was good enough to be posted in a public square.

Complaints by people who didn't know who Dionysus was and that he looked "Satanic" and thus was not suitable for public viewing made the city take the painting down.  At least one man in the article prefers to stay ignorant as far as ancient Greek religion is concerned and use his ignorance as religious leverage.

Mind you, had anyone painted a Jesus on the cross in their artwork, no one would have complained.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/artists-painting-taken-florida-peop...

Views: 914

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It doesn't surprise me, they've been doing this for 2000 years.

Having followed the link provided and seen this artists paintings I think he portrays the human form beautifully. I see nothing "demonic" about the painting but it could be considered "biblical", as in "The fall of some biblical character" in the classical style.

It is a shame that some small-minded individuals have to not only spoil the enjoyment of viewing fine art for the majority, but also have no compassion for the artist who created it. 

I don’t see anything wrong with the painting.

Obviously a spit in the face to Florida pagans. But Collins may be a victim of his own propensity to live in denial, when he declared it wasn't anything Satanic. Indeed, it looks Satanic to me. Sorry Mr Collins, but there are numerous examples of Greek mythology that often are understood as Satanic, including the origins of the "Satanic" legend itself, by Satanists and Luciferians.

The good news is no need to apologize, however, in order to avoid unnecessary controversy. My advice would be to always consult with a christian before you paint anything.

I don't know if you've ever seen  "Hellboy" but this photo has a striking resemblance.

Looking at the depictions I can see how the average Christian could interpret it as "satanic". 

Your average run of the mill Christian sees anything outside of the church and what their Pastor or Priest tells them as belonging to Satan and his minions. I have ran across theories that the Gods of other religions are demons deceiving the ignorant and the gullible. 

We need to look no further than the Old Testament to see that these other Gods are less powerful than the God of the Israelites. Whether they be Egyptian,Sumerian,Babylonian or whatever neighboring tribe that lived nearby. They couldn't even stand the Samaritans that had a similar belief system and I won't even get into the Essenes and Gnostics.

I'm surprised this sculpture of Moses haven't come under fire.

This photo is an interesting reminder that at least some heretical factions in the ancient past of christianity recognized Moses and Aaron as agents of the Devil.

We know that the Isrealites were good story tellers of religious moral dogmatic self aggrandized sensationalism, or, fibbers and fantasizers if you will. Most of the claims in the bible cannot be academically verified if anything is factual about that collection of writings in the slightest. So, even in the event of how the times have changed, how any Judeo Christian has the rights to any claim of authenticty of religious history or even legend is a big mystery to me.

Also it should be abundantly clear, just for the record, that the Satanic community of whater stripe never needed anything from the right hand path "library of mythos" in order to corroberate any of their own beliefs.

All the factions of religious judeo christian fanatacism and austerity down to all the politically correct religious sensorship, should be thankful of Satan, because without Satan, they would have nothing to hang their hat on, if anyone happens to need a label for what they deem to be evil, adversarial, or negative, Even the most dumbed down judeo christian should have a basic appreciation for that fact, in the event that they fear their enemy to the point where they want to live in public denial of it's presence as depicted in artistry.

I know we don't live in the middle ages any more, but there remains much phenomena that adversely affects the behavior of people in western culture, with or with out Satan, even though we all know there has to be a scapegoat hiding in every woodpile.

I have ran across theories that the Gods of other religions are demons deceiving the ignorant and the gullible. 

Not a theory, Wilhem, it's in the bible that other gods aside from the Christian one is "demonic".

1 Corinthians 10:20 "... I am saying that the people who do not know God bring gifts of animals in worship. But they have given them to demons, not to God. You do not want to have any share with demons. 21 You cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons. You cannot eat at the Lord’s table and at the demon’s table."

I am saying "give to whomever whatever you want....whether you "know god" or not. 

"YOU cannot drink from the cup of the Lord and from the cup of demons. You cannot eat at the Lord’s table and at the demon’s table."

AMEN!

@Aurelia, you're probably right on your thoughts "Deceiving". Made me think that one story, Clash Of The Titans.

I suppose the point of this could be summarized not so much as ridiculing and criticizing the religious beliefs of anyone who does not agree with me or you. Even though I have no particular problem with that for a variety of reasons.

We have in this country in our constitution what is known as the First Ammendment. This includes a provision known as the Establishment Clause.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

What this does is insure that the inhabitants of the nation could freely practice their own religious beliefs without fear or concern over becoming subjected to what can be construed as a "state religion", which I am certain that there are some people who would have it no other way than to deny your rights of religious expression as the constitutional framers understood. With no freedom to choose your own beliefs at least, in public, or even in private, which is exactly what the Establishment Clause is designed to protect.

Then it becomes an issue of when and if your freedom to express in public is breached, as in the case with Mr Collins in Fla, or in other instances the Satanic Temple, it really boils down to how much money you have to invest in a small fortune to pay an attorney to file suit in order to protect your rights.

This is inherently the sham with the system, when you have to pay more money than what it is worth in order to protect basic rights and freedoms, which should be provided for all of us free of charge and with no further question.

This is inherently the sham with the system, when you have to pay more money than what it is worth in order to protect basic rights and freedoms, which should be provided for all of us free of charge and with no further question.

Agree.  Wish this was law.  That way anytime any lawmaker somewhere violated the 1st amendment or tried to block women from getting abortions, they'd be sued within an inch of their lives and stop wasting tax payer money.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service