Uh, one thing 'bout music when it hit you feel no pain
White folks says it controls your brain I know better than that
That's game and we ready for that two soldiers head of the pack
Matter of fact who got the gat? And where my army at?

Song by Dead Prez ^^

song by Drake:

One thing ’bout music, when it hits you feel no pain
And I swear I got that shit that make these bitches go insane
So they tell me that they love me, I know better than that, it’s just game
It’s just what comes with the fame, and I’m ready for that, I’m just sayin

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a tough one. You could say that it was inspired by the original, or that it was stolen. I think if it came up in a Court of law, it would not be found as stealing, since it is not exactly the same. Well, except for the first line. So, I guess I would not call it stealing, just a lack of original ideas.
It's the first line, one of the end lines, and the actual flow of the song.

It wouldn't go to court, one of two things could happen:

1. Dead Prez will diss him, killing his career as they are skilled and actual gangstas.
2. A Dead Prez fan will kill him, their fanbase has a lot of racist, Drake is half Jewish.
meh.

I don't care either way. However, I do happen to love dead prez. and I am not a racist nor are any dead prez fans I know.
Earlier on in their career they were racist, and a lot of their fans are part of the Nation of Islam.

I was on a hip hop message board and this one dude was talking about some of the fans wrecking this dude. It's fairly likely.
Who fucking cares?? Jezuz aitch keryst.
"one thing 'bout music, when it hits you, you feel no pain" Bob Marley... before both of them :D
Exactly. :)
Your missing the point. It's not what he said. It's HOW he said it.

Dead Prez USED Bob Marley's words in their song. The "flow", or way they rapped it.

Listen to the Bob Marley song.
Listen to Dead Prez's song.
Listen to Drakes.

Dead prez does what all hip hop artist do, drop a refference to an idol.

Drake "Swagger Jacked" or lifted the actual style.

In hip hop, the flow of the words is your signature, the goal is to sound unique, if you listen to Dead Prez, they are actually more skilled lyricist than Marley. Drake just make money off 13 yr olds.
"They are actually more skilled lyricist than Marley." ROFL. Whatever man. Bob Marley was a revolutionary. I agree with the others on here: what a wasted post. Rap's been ripping off other artists for years. (e.g. Vanilla Ice ripped of Queen's 'under pressure') Clearly stealing doesn't matter in that industry so why make a big deal about it. Listen to your cRap. I'll listen to my everything else and not care who 'swagger jacked' whoever. You shouldn't either. You aren't seeing any money off the song.
The oppinons of the ignorant are invalid.

Since you don't listen to hip hop, you can't judge it.

And for the record, just like all other genres 90% of it is garbage. You can't assume a genre is bad because all you have heard is ringtone rap.

Go listen to Black Star. Mos Def and Talib are poetic geniuses on par with Poe.
I have listened to both Mos Def and Talib... and while they are poetic, I would hardly insult a literary great such as Poe. Perhaps next you will tell me that Li'l Kim is equivalent to Emily Bronte? I *do* listen to hip hop, I hear it every single day in my place of work and I am surrounded by people who praise it as the best music there is, but none of those people would ever insult a classic such as Bob Marley and say that he wasn't as great a lyricist as Dead Presidents. I have listened to everything from Pavarotti to Xzibit and have formed my opinions on music based on my extensive exposure to all genres. My opinion, sir, is not one based on ignorance.
But it is.

FREESTYLING is the only organic art form.

Bob Marley, Pavarotti, and Patsy Cline have had the benifit of reworking, rewriting, and rerecording their music. Poe could rewrite his work.

Do you know how hard it is to come up with shit on the spot? Take what the person your battling or cyphering with said and build upon it?

I dare you to try an freestyle, bet it would sound like sh•t. No offense, I mean I sounded like garbage when I started.

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 12
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Oct 11
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service