I'm personally totally in love with this installation, o.k. so she looks a bit like a drag queen and isn't exactly 'fine art' she's fun and irreverent and a conversation piece, what do you guys think?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2022352/Larger-life-Hambu...

Views: 558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's pretty kewl.

Google I4 Eyesore or Eyesore on I4

A bare building for more than 10 years, that's an eyesore.

Fantastic!

It's like a reoccurring dream I've had since I was a teenager.

I read the article and it said it's only on display for 10 days.

I say get over it and enjoy something interesting to look at for 10 days of your life.
I like your idea!
Well that is interesting isn't it? I like it though! Yes, she does sorta look like a drag queen lol but I really do like it. It's pretty awesome.

I guess people call it art because someone else called it art?

So, if I go down to my local lake and anchor a mannequin in the lake bed shallows, so that just it's head and feet are sticking out, is that art, too?

art/ärt/Noun

1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Art like beauty is on the eye of the beholder. 

So possibly depending on what you define as art, if you do it post a picture and people can let you know if they think it is art or an eyesore.

As one who spent much time in Hamburg, as a sailor, in his past (to you folks a 'past life') I kind of view this with a sense of amusement...I'm sure there's folks here who know of the Reeperbahn right?
That amuses me :) in a good way.
honestly, maybe its cool idea but I dont like the look of her... nothing so mysterious there or enchanting...
ahhhhhhhhhh so COOL!!!  LOVE IT!

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 12
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Oct 11
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service