Merry Meet. This is my first post and was wondering about casting circles. I know every person casts different but I was wondering if anyone could help me out and post any tips or ANY info please.... It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Thank you

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok from what i have read is the circle its self is basically just a circle of energy that you cast out of an athame or wand,and to do that you may want to work and read up on projecting energy if you havent already,and also all the books ive read say that to cast a circle a good mental thing to do is visualize a white or blue light coming out of your tool of choice casting the circle on the ground,i personally cast a sort of a bubble but thats my prefrence but a few years ago i just would lay river stones in a circle,i like to cast before i call the quarters but i think its smart to center yourself before casting or anything else and a good way to do that is to meditate in the shower,burn white sage,balance your chakras,there are several ways you can do so, but the basics of it all is its an energy circle around you and your sacred space,how you do it is up to you

When you visualize, do you actually "see" this energy in your third eye or in your eyes? It takes a lot for me to get into the right open state and sometimes I wonder if it's the placebo effect. If it was natural shouldn't the ability just come? I guess some have a more instinctive knack at it. Someone told me she thought I had energy blocks, maybe that's the issue.

Kalinda...

Very few run the current , without practice...

You are gathering outer "chi" , "ond" , "astral fire" ,

then projecting it...

Read the link I posted...these are beginning exercises...

Very helpful for many in any tradition , working with

projection of energy...:)

First Exercise recommended...

Thanks to Storm Faerywolf...

http://www.feritradition.org/grimoire/practices/practices_bluefire.htm

Casting The Circle Of Three, Closing The Circle Of Three

I cast the circle in two ways: physically and mentally. Although I must point out there's nothing better than to plan a spell down to the last correspondent and physically cast the circle.

I should also remind you it's not always that easy to pull out your athame and start chanting in the middle of the office, but the circle can be cast mentally as well as physically.

When you cast the circle you place a sphere of protection, power and positive energy between the two realms and around yourself. It's a place of sanctuary from which you cast out all your spell energies and call forth on:

◊ THE FOUR GUARDIAN SPIRITS TO GUIDE AND ASSIST YOU.

◊ YOUR PARENTS THE MOON GODDESS AND THE SUN GOD TO WITNESS YOUR ACT AND PROTECT YOU.

Remember you should always give blessings and thanks before closing the circle.

MENTALLY CASTING AND CLOSING THE CIRCLE

It's always good to remember that you can mentally cast the circle anywhere. I only do this when it is a case of needs must. E.g. you walk in to work and the place is buzzing with negative energies that you feel would effect you and your work.

Just take five minutes time-out from whatever it is that you are doing, close your eyes and focus on the moment. Open the circle by saying the following words in your mind:

" I …NAME…,
CHILD OF THE MOON GODDESS AND THE SUN GOD,
CAST THE CIRCLE OF POWER,
PROTECTION AND POSITIVE ENERGIES
ABOVE ME, BELOW ME,
BEFORE ME, BEHIND ME
AND BESIDE ME.
SO MOTE IT BE
AND BLESSED BE. "

The circle is now open.

When you feel ready to close the circle, you just need to say the following words in your mind - and anything else creative:

" I …NAME…,
CLOSE THE CIRCLE OF POWER,
PROTECTION AND POSITIVE ENERGIES
ABOVE ME, BELOW ME,
BEFORE ME, BEHIND ME
AND BESIDE ME.
SO MOTE IT BE
AND BLESSED BE.
I GIVE BLESSINGS AND THANKS ONTO THEE. "

ALWAYS REMEMBER TO CLOSE THE CIRCLE.

PHYSICALLY CASTING THE CIRCLE

When you cast the circle you place a sphere of protection, power and positive energy between the two realms and around yourself that binds and protects you from negative energies and entities that could bring you pain and harm.

It's a place of sanctuary from which you call forth the four Guardian Spirits to guide and assist you and call forth your parents, the Moon Goddess and the Sun God to witness your offerings on to them and the place from which you cast out all your energies.

Remember you should always give blessings and thanks before closing the circle.

Things you will need:

Your first athame.
Your bell.
Your besom.
And everything you will be using in the ceremony.

Using your besom sweep away all of the negative energies from where you are about to work your spell or sabbat, then cleanse and purify the area making sure all of the tools you'll be using are within the circle and upon your pentacle.

When you're ready collect your bell from the altar and ring it three times to open the ceremony, then return it to your altar.

Using your first athame, stand in the middle of where you are about to cast the circle of three.

Facing the East, holding out your athame as though it was an extension of yourself, extend your arm and, in a clockwise direction, use your athame to make a circle around yourself three times.

Saying the following words

as you cast the first circle:

" I …NAME…,
CHILD OF THE MOON GODDESS AND SUN GOD
CAST THE CIRCLE OF PROTECTION AROUND ME AND MINE. "

As you cast the second circle:

" I CAST THE CIRCLE OF POWER AROUND MYSELF. "

As you cast the third circle:

" I CAST THE CIRCLE OF POSITIVE ENERGIES AROUND ME AND MINE. "

" THE CIRCLE OF THREE
NOW CAST AROUND ME,
LET THE ENERGIES
OF POWER,
PROTECTION
AND POSITIVE ENERGIES
FLOW AROUND ME. "

The circle is now cast.

When you close the circle, you close the sphere of energy that binds and protect you from negative energies and entities.

Things you will need:

Your first athame to close the circle of three.
Your bell to close the ceremony.

Collect your first athame from the altar and stand in the middle of where you cast the circle of three.

Facing the North, holding out your first athame as though it was an extension of yourself, extend your arm out and, in a anti-clockwise direction, use your athame to make three circles around yourself.

Saying the following words

as you cast the first circle:

" I …NAME…,
CLOSE THE CIRCLE OF PROTECTION
AROUND ME AND MINE. "

As you cast the second circle:

" I CLOSE THE CIRCLE OF POWER AROUND MYSELF. "

As you cast the third circle:

" I CLOSE THE CIRCLE OF POSITIVE ENERGIES AROUND ME AND MINE.
I GIVE BLESSINGS AND THANKS TO ALL.
SO MOTE IT BE
AND BLESSED BE.
I NOW CLOSE THE CIRCLE OF THREE. "

The circle is now closed.

Go back to your altar and ring your bell three times to close the ceremony.

Hope this helps you ... Blessings Alice

Which two realms ?

Which three ?

( wait...you limit your circle to you , and yours ? )

hmmm...

One quick question. Do you need to know the actual north or east directions from a compass? Or is this to the north of you or east of you depending on where you set up?

Better to know north...

I have not been able to find the article again , after I lost it...

But it was in Discover , Scientific American , or one of those...

Some scientists found the neurons fired differently , depending

on the direction you were facing...

I thought that was amazing...wish I could find that again...:)

That's interesting. There is a lot we don't yet understand about the brain and mind.

Absolutely...

And this is why I recommend to my students , to read

science as well magical thought...:)

IMO, I live right near Lake Michigan so place water in the East since I have a huge body of water in that direction.  Also, keep in mind that there's no "right" answer to how to cast a circle, though some methods are easier (and therefore usually more successful) than others.  Some people cast a circle as a part of their liturgy, others cast a circle for energy work purposes.  I've been a guest at more than one sabbat where the "circle" didn't actually exist as an energetic boundary but more as a formality.  It depends on your training and abilities, I suppose.

Usually, Casting a Circle has a few basic guidelines, no matter what your practice is. This includes the tracing of the Circle or ritual area. You can have the Circle marked with a cord, chalk, paint, etc., and then use your you index and middle finger of your right hand or an athame/sword, or even a wand to trace out the perimeter of the Circle. You will want to put the energy in the Circle of course. Most traditions would have trace the Circle going clockwise, yet others would say anti-clockwise and others still would say it doesn't matter. Personally, clockwise has never failed me. A chant or incantation can be said when the Circle is being traced out, but you can devise this yourself. After the tracing of the Circle, the area is usually purified with saltwater and incense. Then you may invoke the Gods and the Call the Quarters.

Closing a Circle is just as important as Casting it. After dismiss Quarters and the Gods, you will have to draw the energy you sent out back into whatever tool you used. Others will argue this, but when I was younger, I had Cast a Circle without Closing it, and the rituals I practiced within were never absolute and remained lingering. What I mean by that is my spell never really came full circle and I just had this feeling of it being unresolved. I've spoken to Witches and they have experienced the same feeling. So I recommend this.

Anyways, I hope this could have helped.

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Saturday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service