So I came out of the broom closet today to my parents. Needless to say, they didn't take it too well. A little background information on myself, I'm 25, I live on my own, and I am a Christian witch. I was raised in a Christian home, but I was never really forced to go to church or anything. But my mom and dad are super conservative. Apparently my mom works with a woman who is a "super witch" who doesn't want to hear anything about God, Jesus, Christmas, etc, hates all Christians, loves black magic, etc. Now I don't know if this is true or not, I would have to meet the woman and determine for myself. She sounds like a real piece of work and not someone any of us would like to be around, Christian, witch, Wiccan, or any religion or non religion at all. Anyway, sorry I got off track....my mom thinks I worship Satan now (nooooooo) and my dad was thought it was kind of interesting and said he would like to read up on it (witchcraft), which I was a bit taken aback by. My mother wanted no part of it. "Why would you be completely ignorant to something and have no desire to learn about it at all?" me and my dad asked her. I offered her to read up on it but she thinks she is going to go to hell for reading about it I guess. I am so conflicted and hurt. I still worship God and I love Jesus. The book I was reading (which I seem to have misplaced) was so informative. You can incorporate other religions into Wicca or witchcraft. I wouldn't consider myself Wiccan, I don't believe. It's like an open door policy. There really isn't a specific doctrine or set of rules saying "you can't do this" or "you can't do that." I really wish I could find that damn book now. I feel like magic and witchcraft helps me to ground and center. It helps me to relax and it does wonders for my anger and anxiety. I don't hurt anyone, I don't bother anyone. I am a solitary. I do my spell work in my own house. I am still new at this, and it is a learn-as-you-go process. I learn something new every day. I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to write a book. I don't hate my family. I love them dearly, and I don't want yall to see them any differently. I just wish they saw things through my eyes and didn't see me as someone riding a broom and stirring a pot full of frog tongues and night shade :(

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Southern, try not to feel too hurt.

You shouldn't be surprised at the reaction from your mother.  You should be more surprised at your father's very intelligent open reaction.

If your mother is as devout as you say she is, yes you are worshipping Satan.  Christian scriptures tell them that any religion other than Christianity is Satan-influenced.

So you could talk until you're blue in the face about earth-religions, etc., it won't matter.  It's Satan-influenced because THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE RELIGION according to their teachings.

So don't be too surprised that she took your coming out very negatively.  Get a decent book on Christian witchcraft for your dad and hope he can help talk your mother into coming around.

I am just going to keep to myself about all of this for now and lay low. I don't think I can take another emotional beating like I did yesterday for a long time. I am absolutely exhausted. I just told them I need some space. 

I am just going to keep to myself about all of this for now and lay low. I don't think I can take another emotional beating like I did yesterday for a long time. I am absolutely exhausted. I just told them I need some space. 

Thank goodness you live alone.  Much easier to get away from the drama.  Just text/call/email them that you've told them who you are and you will give them time to adjust.

Don't show your mother the forums on PS. She'll think you're a devil worshiper for sure.

Oh hell naw lmao

Sounds like the book is calling to you ;)

I have found that regardless of the path chosen, the magic is there. Some call it prayer, some call it spells, some call it projections of thoughts, some simply say it's coinsidence, others may say it's divine intervention. But whatever it is, it's there.

All the best of luck getting others to understand how you see it ...

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
4 hours ago
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
yesterday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service