Hello. I’m not very good with introductions or with describing myself, but I’ll try here.

I’m a writer from Minnesota, and for several years I’ve been researching metaphysics, the occult, and general witchcraft history and practices for my novel, and beginning almost immediately I realized just how noble, beautiful, and wonderful the facets of these spiritual pathways really are, so I’ve decided to follow one of those routes myself, if only to find a modicum of peace. I’ve been keeping a dream journal for several years, and it has been a wonderful tool for stories and for introspection (which in all honesty, I detest). Dream working is a large element for me.

I’m still very indecisive and uncertain about things; I don’t like the idea of following a pathway because I’ve scared myself into it. I know also that I have some personal issues that need to be burned away (I feel that they’re not important enough to warrant admission here) and I hope that my contact with this world—by that I mean socializing with different and similar pagan communities—will help me ease out of the existential nihilism that I’ve believed in for so long.

I hope that I haven’t insulted anyone with this meager introduction or painted an oblique picture of myself. If I have then I apologize. I just hope to talk with some people and maybe make some friends. I don’t know.

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to the forum, was interesting to read.If you do not know where you are going any road will get you there.(Not mine but something I found looking up texts for making cards)

Is no need to follow a path. There is so much out there too read and study, just see what takes your interest.

And if you do choose a path later on there are always sideroads to explore, do not limit yourself.

Thank you very much. I think I still need some time to figure out a few things down my way first, such as for what reasons I’m seeking such a [or any] spiritual pathway or manner of thinking. I’m not exactly on the fence of whether I want to or not—I certainly do because I see my lifestyle as being at least marginally better if I did.

What I’m really seeking, I guess, is a sense of self-confidence and happiness that my unwarranted self-loathing won’t allow, and which I’m sure I can find in this realm. I like how Kristin Madden puts it in “Pagan Parenting: Spiritual, Magical, & Emotional Development of the Child:” that all paganism is about, or ANY theological thought, for that matter, is just living a positive and healthy life and just doing the best that you can in anything that you do, regardless of actual beliefs or workings.

[Please don’t ask me if that quote is accurate—I’m going completely by memory on that, and since I can’t remember the page number or where in the table of contents it would be located, it’s probably safe to say it’s not precise]

That’s how I occasionally view the concept when the mood hits me, but to me it keeps hopping back into a depressing and terrifying universe. Thank you, World News.

I feel that way too Jameson.  I will add that I am my path.  If I got off my path, I would be on someone elses path, and I don't think that's possible, or is it?

Thank you!

Merry Meet and Welcome :)

Thank you, very much!

Welcome to the gathering.

Thank you!

I wrote a comment above and forgot to say Welcome Matt.

Heh, thank you very much!

your path and journey are yours to choose and to decipher... a healthy skeptical and honest approach always works..   when you burn or release something it leaves a space for something new.   sometimes the smallest spark or seed is a beginning and a careful fanning and observation and exploration is what is needed.. do not give yourself a hard time about where you are or labels or directions.. trust in your intuition.. your imagination.. your heart and that little voice that says HEY ..welcome

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Saturday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service