I have also posted this to my blog here and my Wolf Woods blog... just as it outrages me.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/unrepentant_koran_burning_pastor_fRyFidoKwYvdVrG4BgYmLP?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=

http://www.doveworld.org

I spent part of this morning being hit with news about a Florida pastor wanting to burn Korans on the anniversary of 9-11. The man is planning to do this as a “warning”
a quote from the news story at the top... “"Instead
of us being blamed for what other people will do or might do, why
don't we send a warning to them?" he said. "Why don't we
send a warning to radical Islam and say, don't do it. If you attack
us, ... we will attack you."”

I have a problem with this kind of “public display”, it is wrong on many, many levels. Why would anyone want to do something so hateful
to people who
haven't
done anything to anyone. Not everyone who follows the Koran can be
blamed for things a few of it's followers do, so why do these people
want to hurt the ones who want to live their lives quietly?

To do this shows that the person who thinks it's a good idea is no better than the person they say is wrong. They are their own worst
enemy. The second link is for the site for the church that is
proposing this “Koran burning”, I wrote them an email telling
them I believe they are wrong. I do not know if telling them what
people think will change their minds, but I couldn't not say
something when I think it is so very wrong.

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so glad....i worked customer service the last few weeks and people were just psycho. oy!
I think one of my favorite things is the attention that is given to people that wouldn't normally occupy our time for any particular reason except for the fact that they're doing something really stupid. Although, I wouldn't agree with what Rev. Jones is doing, I think much like putting the Mosque/Learning Center near the site of the World Trade Center, that it is within his and his followers' rights to do what they're going to do. With that said, I think that there is a certain level of a responsibility that a person/people assume when they do things, from that perspective, I believe that there is always consequences for actions; especially the controversial ones.
the only thing these people are proving by burning the Koran is that they are just as hateful and ignorant as the terrorists they think they are "warning".
I don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but apparently the Westboro Baptist Church has announced that they will be burning Qur'ans on 9/11 since Terry Jones has canceled his "event". They will also be burning an American flag along with the books.

I really don't think there is any stopping those people, short of detaining them. So, it looks like we are going to have a book burning one way or another.
Not that I would be surprised by it, but I think I had read that they (Westboro Baptist Church) has already burned a Qu'ran in 2008. I suppose if that is true, it truly shows the attention I pay that 'organization'.
Yeah I think in their announcement they said something like they will be burning it AGAIN.

It's amazing the legacy that one hateful, angry man can create..
yes and according to the news this morning there have been riots in kashmir, that began with the burning of a christian school, leading to the deaths of 18 people, when the riot got so out of hand that police opened fired with live rounds. funny tho, haven't heard sh** about in the our news I had to google it to get any info at all. when i first heard about I had hoped it wasn't true, since the report came from iranian media, and it is my inderstanding that all media is govt controled, i had really hoped this was an erroneous reporting.
wonder what this genious thinks now, since the back lash affected other christians on forgien soil? think he is proud of this act? i suspect the unrest will grow.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service