It is a new movie released earlier this month by EGOTRIP Productions in association with The Action House and Banshee Productions. I received my copy today and just finished viewing it. I decided to write about here as their are very few good Pagan movies out there. These Tales are told from a very British perspective but also pagan one. That is what makes me want to get the word out about this film. The following is from the back of the DVD case:

"In the darkness a light flickers - the campfire. It is here that the storyteller would sit and tell tales of times long passed - of heroes and villains, warriors and witches, the gods and the fae. Today, the flickering light in the darkness is the TV screen and it is here that our storyteller carries on that tradition...

This low budget, independent feature film is brought to you by the makers of the cult hit "The Spirit of Albion" and tells 8 stories from the folklore of the British Isles:

The Washer at the Ford - The Noon of the Solstice - Cattle of Cailleach - Curses and Secrets - Spirit of the Greenwood - Dreaming the Dream - The Golden Rider - The Birth of the Shining Brow.

Packed with drama and excitement and with production values way above it's budget, the film was a labour of love almost 4 years in the making."

It has a run time of 132 minutes. While the Washer at the Ford was my personal favorite I enjoyed each and everyone of the stories. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in paganism, history, folklore, or mythology. Their website is www.talesofalbion.com .

Views: 73

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your very welcome, I have picked up several titles from Ego trip and have enjoyed them all. That this why I like to spread the word about about them. I hope that they grow and continue to produce good work. The titles that I have and enjoy are:

"The Spirit of Albion" www.thespiritofalbiothemovie.com

"Tales of Albion" www.talesofalbion.com

the last they are associated with:

"Ember Days"

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Saturday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service