There are several stories in the news of people on life support,some are fighting to keep people on,others don't want their loved ones keep "alive" by machines. There is an interesting case in Texas with a pregnant woman,that by law" because another life in involved,she is being kept on life support. Anyone have to make this choice? And your thoughts on it?

Views: 810

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

........Looking for the latest updates.......

I had to face this with my father.  He didn't want to be kept on life support even though he knew he was dying without it.  When you are forced with keeping a promise as opposed to "letting go" of one you love, it can be wrenching emotionally and spiritually.  The most important thing to my sister and I was that we respect daddy's wishes.  We took him off life support and held his hands while he left. 

I had my medical directive set up to read that if the quality of my life would be less than 75% of what I enjoyed prior to the medical crisis, I was not to be placed on life support.  The body will fight to save itself, but if there is no quality of life, why stay?

Thank you for your personal experience. You did respect his wishes,indeed....

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 12
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Oct 11
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service