ok...here goes...i hate cliches...i really really really hate cliches...even down here in the underground i hate cliches...i mean really...i cant stand seeing these all over the place; fairies, drum circles, cloaks, "scary spooky" screen names, anything to do with charmed or twilight, vampires in general, angels (very high on my s-list), wolf totems (your spirit animal is the cockroach get over it), trying to act all mystical and mysterious, did i meantion cloaks?, "mystical" pen names (theres one in particular that bugs me but shes uber popular so i guess id better keep that to myself) i mean i just cannot take you seriously if you go by johnny winter winds or mary starchild...yawwwwwwnnnnnn...i guess i'll post soon about names and identity in general but i just wanted to get that off my chest...sometimes i feel so very solitary because i just cannot accept these (to me) out moded and out dated symbols...so should i just turn in my pagan card now? cancel my membership because i reject these things that so many cherish?
i got to really thinking about this as i was reading the june esbat in sandra kynes otherwise incredible book and im thinking to myself "really? drum circle?"...as a music lover and devotee it disturbs my musical soul to endure a bunch of stoned hippies (hey now i am very very very liberal) do a drum circle to whatever "rhythm" is in thie rheads...same with tone deaf pagans...no thanks...i find the whole concept of a drum circle to be cultural thievery as well...its like taking from a particular people but not really giving back to that culture..but we're honoring it by using it in our path...no youre trampling all over it with your co-opting...its like when hot topic sells punk and goth stuff; it looks and sound punky gothic but when you scratch off the thin veneer the heart is gone...im not going to say stop doing it because i know it helps many...im just stating that for me, in this path, im good thanks...just to let you know however that to compromise in the background i will be playing peter gabriel's rhythm of the heat...oh i hear you screaming at that one but someday i'll write about that...
anyway thats me..am i a "new" type of pagan? or just some cliched hipster trying to be all different...
thom

Views: 1375

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You were in the military? VA sucks here where we are,in VIRGINNY
I wasn't. My sister was and my parents both were during the Korean conflict (war). My son is currently a Marine, stationed at Camp Pendleton. My daughter in law is pg with their second and the tales she tells me about the military docs scare me sometimes!
David has had some bad experiences and people he worked with too
According to her profile, Anna was in the Army for three years. She is wanting to go back in under the National Guard.
Myself, I was Navy for two years and a little bit more. However, I spent three months at boot, trying to heal from their mistake. I sucked it up long enough to make it to my ship, and carry on.
I have been in the VA system from the time I got out, even applied for my benefits while I was still in the Navy, so that there would be little interruption between getting out and starting their care. Some hospitals are better than others, that is for sure.
I was in the Army.
What was your MOS? I was administrative, though that is not what I went in to do. I was supposed to be a SeaBee Steelworker. After I was injure by a corpsman, who didn't know her job, I was sent to be admin.
98G, 62H, and 62G
David is retired USAF Maj
to each his own I always say
Hi FREYA... Aye,one would think that would be enough.....
AMEN!! I totally agree. That has been my point all along!! LOL

Celtic Lass, I sent my daughter in WV the link to Grandfather Mountain Games. Looks like fun!
YIPPEEEEEEE

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service