you  know,  i love watching "a haunting" because it's  more laughable than scary.  

seems every other episode is "kid screw with  "WITCHCRAFT" *GASP* and brings demons  into the home". 

these folks gotta get a new schtick..that story line is getting old  though still funny.  ok, the way they handle each episode amuses me.

i love all the ghosty shows, i don't  look at them as FACT but entertainment. they are  interesting especially when  shows give the historic relevance.  kinda  neat.

but "a haunting"?  just makes me laugh.

Views: 329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My husband loves those shows. I don't because they're so ridiculous. I roll my eyes every time I see a pentagram in a basement.

The show is very Christian-centric.

Every haunting is evil and demonic and they always need Christian prayers and preachers and priests to help them.

Just watched one last night that has turned me off the show.  A guy was 'haunted' by an Egyptian god.  And what does this god do?  It bites him.  So it must be evil [eye roll].

A GOD visits this guy - a GOD - and all he can do is whine and get upset and try to make it go away and since of course, his friends are Christian, that instantly makes this god a terror instead of - hey, a miracle with this god wanting to contact him.

The demonization of any god other than a Christian one continues.

To be fair, they don't "always" need a Christian priest (though it does seem to be the go-to person)...I've seen psychics and paranormal investigators go into these houses to "cleanse" them (though the episodes are rare). However, that doesn't diminish the ridiculousness of the show.

oh illustrious Nibbles, our heads bobble in shame of  your divine canines.

yeah when you put it like that, I'm getting upset with the show. do you know which episode that is? I wanna see it for myself. 

Season 7, Episode 14 Curse of the Mummy

First Aired: January 11, 2015

A young man is afraid that a vile creature is out to steal his soul after a so-called "encounter" with an Egyptian mummy.

though i am glad  to see that gollum could  find  more work.

i'm not sure how they can mix  methods and still be Christian-centric....i mean they smudge places on a regular basis  which from my studies is Native American and  NOT Christian..hmmm

still it's  funny to watch the shows.  interesting.

as i said entertainment,  not hard solid facts.

i'm not sure how they can mix  methods and still be Christian-centric....i mean they smudge places on a regular basis  which from my studies is Native American and  NOT Christian..hmmm

There are people on this board who combine witchcraft and Christianity or Judaism, so eclectisim is rife.

i suppose  there  must be some cross  methods especially over time.   your  right. shoulda  thunk o that myself.

Actually smudging is not particular to any single religion (at least not anymore), although you're right that it was largely a Native American innovation.  It is simply one of many different purification techniques.  The strong smell of the sage (the preferred smudging material) is believed to scare away or suffocate evil spirits/demons, and sometimes this is even extended to people with malevolent intentions.  American Christianity, in particular American Catholicism is very syncretic too, so mixing methods is hardly unusual and doesn't indicate a non-Christian attitude. 

I used to watch A Haunting back when I was a teenager.  But it was nothing then like you're describing now.  So, I'm thinking we watched two completely different shows with the same title.  The last time I watched A Haunting is the one where real life people talked about having their homes possessed by demons.  Some were atheists, 2 were into witchcraft, and the vast majority just had bad luck in picking a house. 

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service