The following is a re-post of a discussion/blog that I wrote over a year ago.  Since then I have had many other simple pleasure moments.  The original post was written right after getting the first phone call from Eric after he arrived in Iraq.  This was the beginning of one of the longest years of my life.  Quite the feeling to have a child/man you love literally in harms way 24/7.  I wish I could say that I will never have to live through this again but we already know he will be deployed to Afghanistan in late 2012. Anyway, my simple pleasure back when this was first posted was the sound of his voice....Since then he has returned home and my simple pleasure was seeing his face for the first time when the brat snuck up on me and I didn't even know he was back....
These days, my simple pleasure is watching him cut the grass...I know it sounds silly doesn't it?
I stand at the window with the smell of freshly cut grass tickling my nose and I watch him.... My eyes follow his every move and more often than not tears fill my eyes and I am just so peaceful .
So......I  ask you.....What is your simple Pleasure?

Simple Pleasures
Stop for just a second and think about what one simple thing could bring joy to your heart and make your soul sing. Peace on
earth,end of world hunger... these for most of us are or would be
shared joys. I'm talking about small simple things that are personal to
you.
I just had one of those things happen to me. **huge smile here**

I was sitting here writing some e-mail and my cell phone rings...I look
at the caller ID and thought what the heck kinda number is that....
Tentatively I answered... "hello?" and there it was, the voice I love and adore " Hey woman whatcha doing? OMG ERIC! all reasonable and logical thought flew straight out the window and all I could do was feel.

The call was short but it was enough...for now... :)

I was overwhelmed with such a feeling of tremendous joy that I was
practically giddy. Ok freely admitting it, I was and still am giddy.
NOTHING could compare to this. I feel exhilarated and recharged. I want
to shout it from the mountain tops, run naked in the streets (no
worries, THAT feeling is being controlled lol) dance in the rain and
sing at the top of my lungs.....

*happy sigh** Life really is good isn't it
Cassie

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Staying in bed late on weekends to snuggle... :)
Oh yes.. Snuggling is the best!
Wyrd,
How old is your son?
My simple pleasure is watching my children play together. 4 of my children don't live with me(i have 7) all the time, one has flown the coop at 18 to join a band that tours, so when I see my younger ones laughing or enjoying nature when they search for bugs(they love to do that) and other creepy crawlies at night, I think it's so amazing how fun they are when they aren't tearing each other's hair out fighting LOL I also enjoy watching my oldest play guitar. When I miss him, there is a video I took of him just playing music, he's so much at peace when he plays. I also love to look at old photos.

I love watching my babies sleep. Even my older babies. :) They are so innocent.

I also love watching the clouds float up in the sky, or listening and watching the birds out in my front yard. I could watch them all day.

I think when you miss someone so badly, and you know what it is like to miss them for an extended period of time you appreciate them more and love and enjoy more about them(if that makes sense) So, no, I don't think watching him mow the lawn is silly at all. It's cute actually. :) Makes perfect sense why it's such a simple pleasure to you.
I forgot to add...Chocolate too!!!! :)
MommaDragonfly,
Thanks for your reply.:)
Yep, you really get that feeling I was trying to get across when I talked about watching him. :) There were days, weeks even that even though I had spoken to him I positively ached to see his sh*t eating grin, or his adorable dimples when he is frowning at me and being all serious. By the way, the serious face soooo doesn't work on me..lol makes me wanna kiss his dimples which annoys the crap out of him. ROFL. I think too I am storing up memories for his next deployment.... While he was gone it was the little things that I missed and that I have enjoyed so much since he has been home. We did video chat from time to time but it was never quite right... He had that guarded look in is eyes and considering where he was that is understandable, plus he was on constant alert for sounds that might upset or disturb me. Which did happen from time to time and I learned to be quick at covering those reactions up. For now though watching him, watching him do anything is simply.....pleasure. *happy sigh*
Cassie
This is a great question. I have always felt that learning to appreciate those simple joys in our lives is the key to happiness.

-Seeing the first little baby green of a planted seed, peeking through the earth to greet the sun.
-Hugs
-That look from my husband, the one that says "I love you more than words could ever say"
-Birds in flight
-An unexpected moment when someone surprises me and does something difficult that I didn't think they would or could do.
-Random acts of kindness
-Flowers
-Seeing or feeling joy or happiness in others

I could go on and on.. There are so many simple pleasures in life.

If you haven't heard it, you might enjoy the song - "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas
my simple pleasures....

a peanut butter cup right out of the freezer

popeyes

and making someone smile
***BIG SMILE*** can I just say YUM! frozen peanut butter cups.....Sweet! lol
yes you may and i will whole-heartedly agree with you :)

RSS

Latest Activity

Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
23 hours ago
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
yesterday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4
Celestina Leto Coven updated their profile
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service