From a religious perspective can someone explain this too me? Maybe it's about balance I don't know. But I'm talking about people who just take advantage of others and don't care about anyone but themselves. Plus serial killers, child molesters and rapists exist. Why do people who live off the government but make millions in un taxed drug money while other people work hard, pay taxes and strugle exist?

I know those are human/psychological problems but what about from a "gods will" type way why does this stuff exist in the first place? It's confusing to me and I don't want to do the does free will exist vs omniscience debate, but when I was thinking about this I did start wondering about that again because the way I see it they rule each other out-leaving different questions and answers for both concepts.

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe that judging more than absolutely necessary does anything constructive, and there is room for improvement when it comes to your observations of actual nature (we could argue about the respect). My irritation stems less from Heathenry than more from fiddling around with the idea of Dao. Perhaps if I felt I needed more Angst in my life, I would turn to the Kabbalah as represented by you.

You start seeing natural phenomena as opponents, when this is purely situational and has nothing to do with a principle.

Otherwise I agree with Chad, who yet has not heard about your idea of the unique evolution of the human soul which seems to be different than the evolution of the human as physical being.

@Callum Robson; Animals do indeed have their own drugs.  There are monkeys on Turtle beach who will steal any alcoholic beverage they can get their hands on and drink it till they're fall-down drunk, and Black Lemurs on Madagascar gently bite the heads of a certain type of poisonous millipede to get them to secrete a toxic, cyanide-rich chemical cocktail that the lemurs then rub all over themselves.  It's an insect repellent AND a narcotic; the effects of which seem to be rather addicting, as the lemurs actually hunt for these millipedes and may 'use' multiple times in one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxFoO4vaXjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk4UGIfwrf0

Just thought I'd put that out there.

"with amoral I just mean that the rules we established for each other"

etc...

Good post , IMO , Marie...;)

I was not happy with the way I articulated myself  right from the beginning. Even though I had a Christian education, I never understood why 'gods' should change our nappies and help us fixing our self created problems, least, give us anything for free.
It is just...that he asked people like you and me, and I don't think we are meant to serve as substitute for reading Spinoza and Aristotle. Don't be scary.
Rhethorics. I find it scary to have to be as satisfying as Spinoza.
I know what a dimiurge is-it's God's asshole step brother

Not bad.

My belief in you seeing benefit in existentialism is still going strong.

I mean that there is no reason to stick to a rebel infant perspective towards the god idea. Therefore I think it is better to get familiar with existentialist philosophy to grow up a little instead of pondering not less naive ideas of a god (not as presented by you, but you encourage it).
I'm not advocating it that's how we get genocides, eugenics, Nazis, chaos etc, it's just an observation. But it's interesting that much of our modern technology is built for killing humans.

Well I see what you mean about deism and that's pretty much what I thought but does that mean prayer is useless? I have little faith in the power of prayer anyway but to me deism makes it sound like it won't do anything.
belief in the existence of a God on the evidence of reason and nature only, with rejection of supernatural revelation (distinguished from theism).
belief in a God who created the world but has since remained indifferent to it.

That's what I was going off of

belief in a God who created the world but has since remained indifferent to it.

if you really have a problem with this, you would perhaps find inspiration in the answers of an artist. One of those who are not clinging on to their finished art, but where all the art and its meaning is the process of creation, not the product.

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 12
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Oct 11
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service