From a religious perspective can someone explain this too me? Maybe it's about balance I don't know. But I'm talking about people who just take advantage of others and don't care about anyone but themselves. Plus serial killers, child molesters and rapists exist. Why do people who live off the government but make millions in un taxed drug money while other people work hard, pay taxes and strugle exist?

I know those are human/psychological problems but what about from a "gods will" type way why does this stuff exist in the first place? It's confusing to me and I don't want to do the does free will exist vs omniscience debate, but when I was thinking about this I did start wondering about that again because the way I see it they rule each other out-leaving different questions and answers for both concepts.

Views: 548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Should not young men drink wine, enjoy themselves and others, and lounge naked in the green grass, or something?! His teacher should take his material away and send him away to party.

What a waste!

We could send him to you to teach him , Maire...

He might like that...;)

And then when he got into the party, take him out. My teacher was always knocking me off balance in one way or the other...

Absolutely...

The only way...

Crowley , Gurdjieff , and many other

teachers through the ages , including

myself , love this method...

Got firm footing ?

Good...well wait...you really think so ?

Whoops...;)...lol...

I did not have deeper thoughts than that generosity needs to be fed, too. Someone who does not have enough joy will transform into a grumpy, ugly creature very likely.

Therefore Joy can not be preached enough.

True , Maire...

Yet , in my Tradition , perhaps not others ,

Joy , or Sorrow , is always dependent on the

spin one puts on things...

And spin is interlinked with charge and movement ,

and the interference waves...

Laughter is great medicine...as is love...down and

dirty , and platonic , both...

As we said in the 60's...Make Love , Not War...;)

I understand. Goethe said, roughly translated,

Nothing is harder to endure

Than an unlimited amount of good time.

Yup, there I am lying on my back again with my teacher grinning at me... or swinging a stick so I don't lay there taking a break for too long! ;)

This is one of your weaknesses...or your tradition's weaknesses...

You perceive lack...I perceive fulness in the physical world...

I would , and do , perceive lack of chutzpah , in any deity , who

did not , or could not see that...

Not just a lacker...yet a slacker...

"God" is an underachiever...;)

FULLNESS,positive and passion........
EVERYONE needs something and we all lack in some area,however,either we dwell on what we need or enjoy and relish what we have,CALLUM R.mayhaps that is SHAWNS' point?
EVERYONE dwells own their own needs first......then we care,tend and help others.my needs in the morn come first,the toilet,waking up,food,ect......keeping ME centered,all else radiates out from me first.If I'm not "fixed" its hard or near impossible to give to my fam,friends,strangers,though I do agree when one is down/depressed volunteering is a fine help and thing to do for others.

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service