As a young woman without any children, I have encountered different reactions from people when I told them I am not a mother. Some are negative responses and some people praise women for their choice. I am curious as to what your opinion is of women who have chosen not to give birth or adopt children? I have looked online at different books who discuss this topic and they all have different perspectives.

Do you think society still highly encourages women to start a family even if she wishes not to?
Or do you think religion or family plays more of a major role?
What is your opinion on how society and business look upon women without children?
What are your thoughts?

Views: 1636

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They sure can.  My old family doctor used to bring me into her office and ask me how I was doing, when I'm planning my second child, etc.  When I asked her when she was clearing her calendar to tie my tubes (in jest), she'd say "Oh but you're so young! You'll want more children in the future!"  

=-O
Wow. just wow. Arrogance on her part for telling you what you WILL want in your future.

I would have told her that she should have the kids.
Well here's my opinion it's really more of your choice regardless of who your spouse is. And to answer question regarding "Do you think society highly encourages women to start a family even if she wishes not to?" Is a real yeah, because lets be frank, how many times can we recall being mislead from what our community wants us to do vs. not wishing to do?

Normally in this d.n.age people shouldn't even bothering talking about this any more. Even if a women doesn't want a child(ern) that doesn't deem her as unworthy to anyone else. It shouldn't be of any bodies business but her choice and her choice alone!

To me it seems like a very wise and humanitarian decision since our planet is already overcrowded(at least in places like the U.S.A and China I don't know too much about the rest of the world).

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
6 hours ago
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
yesterday
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Friday
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Thursday
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service