Worried about the sexualization of young children and masking it as art.

OK what are your thoughts on this. personally i think the routine
artistic but who the hell would let their 7yo do that kind of a dance to a song about a Guy watching his ex girlfriend dancing friendly with another man at a club,
and not think it is improper.?

I am all for artistic expression but this is crossing a line that we
really shouldn't be crossing. thoughts please do you think I am over reacting to this?

No I do not have any children so I can't say that I understand from that viewpoint, but I am an artist so I can comment on it that way and I am not buying the whole " you just don't understand its just a dance" theory. They are still way to young for those moves and those outfits.
if we let this just go aren't we creating the very situations child predictors crave and capitalize on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8BO4-7DkM

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Personally, I see no problem with it, but I suppose that I merely look at it from the perspective of their talent and most importantly them having fun with it."

you can't really be sure they are having fun....you have no way of knowing that. Abused children (off topic here but something I'm sure some can understand), are often taught or forced to appear to be having fun or enjoying something they are clearly not enjoying.
As far as the dance, they are obviously very good. Improperly dressed, but very talented.
Again, nothing in the performance is enough to know that they are having fun or that their getting older, fat and overlooked stagemoms aren't forcing them to perform.
Personally, these kids are AMAZING dancers. I understand some people may have issues with the clothes, but its no different than letting them wear a bathing suit at the pool or beach (and i think someone on here mentioned that already). If you view this as sexual, maybe you are the one who needs to get in the right mind set! They are 7 YEAR OLDS....to them it is just dance and having fun doing something that they clearly love.
Personally, these kids are AMAZING dancers. I understand some people may have issues with the clothes, but its no different than letting them wear a bathing suit at the pool or beach (and i think someone on here mentioned that already). If you view this as sexual, maybe you are the one who needs to get in the right mind set! They are 7 YEAR OLDS....to them it is just dance and having fun doing something that they clearly love.

Again, they are obviously talented, but how do you know they are "clearly loving" it?
When I was three, I knew the difference between mom being happy I was dancing and my wanting to do ballet because I liked it. At seven that was even easier.
"The dancing is pretty good, though their synchronization is off a bit in the routine."

I see it's off a bit....but i'm still impressed. I couldn't dance like that to save my life...plus theyre 7. I think the synchornization will come together in time...right now they have TONS of heart! :)
"Damn those girls can DANCE!"

That was my first reaction to that video, and then i remembered that i was watching this because some one thought it was sexual. So i tried to find something sexual about it. The only thing i could find was their thigh highs. And to be honest i thought they were adorable. Sure, I can see where people would be all "OMG its perverted" Yeah. YOU are saying this is perverted. That could possibly means some very messed up things on your part. To me it looks like those little girls worked very hard on a dance that was put to an extremely popular song at the time to try and gain favor points in the competition.

Keri<3
YOU are saying this is perverted. That could possibly means some very messed up things on your part.

In my opinion, it's not the dancing, it's the clothing, and you don't have to be thinking dirty thoughts to see something as age inappropriate. Think about it. Women dress a certain way to attract a certain type of attention. You don't have to think "god damn, I'd hit that" to know that a woman is dressed a certain for a certain reason. If I go to a club, I dress to attract men. If I go to work, I dress to attract respect. If I go out with my family, I dress for function.

The dancing is adorable, but the costumes that were chosen for them are definitely inappropriate. There are girls I've been close to have been the victims of child molestation, and it fucked them up hard for years. Some of them still aren't very well balanced emotionally because of it. It's tragic and awful, and I can't help seeing these costumes as just adding fuel to the fire.

Where I live it's required for registered sex offenders to have their photos, names and addresses up on public access. There were over thirty men and two women when I left there in May. It's a small town. When people are shoving "protect your kids" down your throat because it's an absolute safety issue, how does that make it something wrong with me or anyone else who sees these costumes as inappropriate?

No one is blaming the girls. It's in a kid's nature to want to look older and be grown up. the adults should know better, especially the moron who put it on the internet. The internet was made for perverts. >_>
very well said Snowhawk, Bravo.
have you ever danced a routine? under stage lights?

Trust me, the less I have to wear, the happier I am. And no, I don't have a double standard for kids.
I take it you've never had a kid strip and dance around the living room, or the front yard, or for the slip-and-slid because their clothes keep catching on the plastic.

Children do not have the same attitudes about nudity that adults do. Body shyness is something adults TEACH children. And it's not one of the better lessons, IMNSHO.
It's really a question of *WHO* sexualises a child. Children usually don't have a clue about sex or being sexualised.
what kind of "dancing" do you do?

RSS

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service