Our good friend Angeka Nightjar contacted me with a question about harvesting red clover. Anyone know the proper way to harvest it?

And for me...anyone know the healing properties of red clover?

Any and all information is appreciated. Thanks!

Views: 131

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Amethyst. I found an interview with a commercial  herb grower. His clover stayed purple more or less not all  brown like the interviewer said was all she could buy. Pick dry ripe full blossoms and dry them in a dryer. I used my oven on the very lowest setting, the first batch was brownish purple but after that there was less browning, I didn't go as long.  Why I want clover? 

Red clover is considered to be one of the richest sources of isoflavones, which are water-soluble chemicals that act like estrogens (known collectively as phytoestrogens). Red Clover is therefore used for hot flashes/flushes, PMS, breast enhancement and breast health as well as lowering cholesterol, improving urine production and improving circulation of the blood, to help prevent osteoporosis, reduce the possibility of blood clots and arterial plaques and limiting the development of benign prostate hyperplasia. (From Herbwisdom.com)

Hi Angela! So good to see you. Thanks for the great info on Red Clover. Seems it has a lot of benefits for women AND men!

How do you use it? A tea I suppose? Do you combine it with anything else? I've only seen a couple of blooms in my yard. No wonder there are no bees!

Combined with nettle and red raspberry leaf is supposed to be a good woman's fertility tea.  I read one recipe that added mint for digestion, too.  

Lady Light Seeker thanks for that great tea combo. Nettle has a lot of wonderful nutrients too, I;ll have to try making that tea.

Angela I think I posted some info about Red Clover on your FB page. If I didn't I will. Jeez I can't remember anything these days. Ha!
Fertility....NOOOOOOOOO! Hahaha! One is all I can handle!

Thanks Lady Light Seeker. I've found that oftentimes a tea for a specific something or other just plain tastes good whether you need those properties or not. When my bf had colon cancer I made a liver support tea as the cancer was in the liver as well and it was really good. I think I've put the recipe on the tea blend page. It had dandelion root...and I cannot remember the rest. I swear I didn't think I could forget it. I can't remember if milk thistle was there or not. Oh well...yammering aren't I.

Thanks for sharing that with us Lady Light Seeker. Much appreciated.

My garden has both red and white clover. I pick the tops/flowers and airdry them. Some years there are more plants other years less. It grows just between the grass as do other herbs that selfseeded in grass.

Google searches for red clover bring up lots of sites with information, always read several sites.

Demeter I went and looked up the tea for liver support. No milk thistle. I didn't think there was but wasn't sure. Here's the recipe for it.

2 parts dandelion root
1 part ginger
1 part peppermint
1 part rosemary
1 part rose hips

It really tasted good I thought. Not sure if it helped his liver as he only drank about one cup or two of it. Grrrrr. Haha!

RSS

Latest Activity

Matt Raney is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Monday
Morning Star is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 12
Jamie Gunter liked Jamie Gunter's profile
Oct 11
Hal Spencer Briggs III is now a member of PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 10
Dena Vogel updated their profile
Oct 4
Sojahu BaVitki posted a status
"are they going to charge for this one too?"
Oct 4
Albert Feyen posted a status
"I'n checking out paganspacev2"
Oct 4
Profile IconAlbert Feyen and daniel graves joined PaganSpace.net The Social Network for the Occult Community
Oct 4

© 2019 PaganSpace.net       Powered by

Badges | Privacy Policy  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service